Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The talk at Banana...

About a month ago I was in Banana Republic looking at the sale rack for something good and a pair of dress pants appeared! They were on sale but still a little pricey but I had a $15 off coupon and I thought to myself, they are dress pants I will wear to work and they will last a few years so it will be ok to spend the money. I get to the counter to check out and they rang up as $25 less then they were marked and the girl informed me that everything in the store was an additional 15% off! Pretty much I scored!! Anyway, I get home and try them on and of course they are about 3 inches too long (sometimes it really stinks being so short) so they have sat in my closet unworn since. Today, however I went back to Banana to get them hemmed. I go into the changing room to put them on and I kept smelling stinky feet smell and I thought no way do my feet stink so I lifted my foot to my face and took a whiff and my foot was stink-free but I kept getting the smell so I picked up my shoe and WOOSH!! My shoes reeked!!! I was so embarrassed at this point and thought I know my feet don't stink so as long as I leave my shoes in the dressing room, I will be ok. The guy comes back and has me stand on the stool thing and asks if I have the shoes I plan on wearing with the pants and of course I didn't so he said, put on the shoes you had on today just so we can get a feel. OH DEAR!! I just kept telling myself if I keep the shoe on we will be ok because the smell will be trapped. So we were measuring and pinning but he was still not getting a good feel for it so he asked that I take off my shoe since it was too bulky. At this point I slipped off my shoe and I could feel the red hotness enter my face! I could smell the nastiness so I knew with him leaning right by my foot pinning that he was probably dying from the smell. I was trapped, there was no getting out of this and all I could think is that I can never come back to this store. Needless to say, he quickly finished pinning and directed me out of the store and I am sure as soon as I left he told all the other workers, because let's face it, I would have!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I think I'm lizzing

Marianne said...

Piddle dee dee. . . it's not as bad as erin's dressing room story Ü

The Kent and Jennifer Wilcox Family said...

You must be related to Anna Wilcox!