Tuesday, March 10, 2009

As balanced as a ballarina

Today the snow that came yesterday left the roads and sidewalks and grass quite slick but the sun was out and it was clear after my classes so I assumed that it should have been melting already and wouldn't be slick anymore. Well I got to work and as you can see my missing hubcap car from the picture, I park behind a little snowy mound and walk to the building the picture is being taken from (yes that is my desk). Anyway, I start my trek down the hill and on the second step, WHOOSH my feet slide out from under me and my bum hits the grass then slides to the curb, then not stopping there, I slid right off the curb onto the parking lot asphalt. I can feel that my bum is bruised and my pants are wet but I can't help but start rolling with laughter at myself. Then about two seconds after I start laughing I realize that anyone in the office I work in and the neighboring office could have seen me fall and could now see some random girl sitting on her bum in the middle of the parking lot laughing hysterically and that thought was even more embarrassing then my fall. I quickly stood up and hightailed it to the building where I sat down in my chair and I realized just how sore and wet by bum was! I didn't dare stand up again until I knew it was dry, luckily I had on dark pants today!


PS-Dane and I get to do a bobsled run on Saturday with an ex-Olympiad himself and we are super excited - hence my little countdown on the sidebar

4 comments:

erin said...

oh man i didn't know you hit the asphalt!!! hahaha, now i'm laughing all over again!!!!! i wish i was there with a camera!!!!

Marianne said...

So sorry I missed that - I could have taken a bum shot for the blog. Did you take an office poll to see how many fellow employees were laughing INSIDE the building??

Stac and Chris said...

Oh man, that brought a smile to my face - I can totally picture it. Hope you aren't too bruised! :)

Nick and Whit said...

Oh man! I wish I saw something that exciting out my window! My window only looks into the lobby... I get to stare at the candy bowl all day. I miss ya, Cassie! Reading your blog puts a smile on my face!