Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pumpkin Carving


Last night was our families annual Pumpkin Carving! It was so fun, as it always is :) My sister finally announced her pregnancy so I can talk about how excited I am on the blog! She is a little less then 3 months along and will find out what she is having at her next ultrasound in December. Our pumpkin carving was a blast! We had some soup for dinner and had so many desserts, they were coming out our ears, but they were all so delicious and really what more can you ask for when carving a pumpkin, then some sweets to go right along with :) This year we had some new tools to put to good use. David pulled out a pumpkin drill he got and my dad had one too. It was pretty fancy stuff and did some stellar cutting! Bryce and Tyler were both fun! We had all kinds of pumpkins, Anna did Harry Potter, James did an awesome Haunted House, erin carved a pig, Grandma and Sarah made a really cute ghost, Lindsay made a really cute face with BOO underneath, Bryce made 3; one was Thomas, one was a skeleton and one was a ghost, Keri made two that turned out super cool, McKay did one of Miami Heat - I don't know if we can claim that one though!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

So where are the pictures of the finished products? I want to see the talent that my son had the good sense to marry into!
You do look quite cute in the picture, Cassie!

D&JWilcoxfamily said...

Oh yes cassie!!! where are all the pictures!!!! I would like to see them too! I hope your mom got some so they can make the invites for next years halloween party!!!! You don't have to post a picture of mine though because it really didn't look like a pig, more of a monkey,slash bear with, as chad put it, human lips for a nose. Oh, well it was nice attempt. this is the last year I give john my 5 dollar perfect pumpkin and let him carve a gaming system on it. I'm stepping it up next year and taking james down.