Monday, December 1, 2008

Winner, Winner, Winner and lots of Turkey Dinner!

This weekend we went down to Vegas to celebrate Thanksgiving with Dane's family. It was lots of fun and really warm! I was pretty jealous that Lynette was still getting tomatoes on her plants! Unimaginable here!

Thanksgiving was delicious on Thursday, everything tasted so good, thanks to Lynette slaving away in the kitchen all day! :) Then we mapped out our shopping excursion for Friday, we looked through all the ads and figured out what we needed and where we needed to go. Amazingly enough the deals we wanted to hit, the stores didn't open until 8 so we got to sleep in until 7! Since we got to sleep in a little, we decided to try and hit the outlets that opened at Mid-Night on Thanksgiving. Dane and I headed to the outlets on the North end of the strip and we came to a complete stop on the freeway. We were stuck on the freeway for about 45 minutes and I could see the parking garages from the freeway and they were packed and cars kept circling so we decided to bag it since we weren't going for anything specific anyway. I can't believe how nuts that place was!

On Friday night, we met up with Rob and Eric for dinner and a little Bingo. I got my steaming hot chocolate (free drinks when playing Bingo - anything to keep you in the casino gambling :) ) and I sat down at our usual table ready with my dauber! There was a new game since the last time we played so that was kind of exciting! It was a duel daub halfway through the other bingo games. Bingo gets started and like always I have no plans on winning because it has never happened before and we pretty much go planning on giving our money away but then on the third game (double hardway bingo), I won! I was so excited but then nervous because I knew everyone would be looking at me so I shot my hand up in the air and yelled BINGO! A little crackily because of the nerves and they say into the mic "possible winner" the game pauses while the lady comes to verify my card and sure enough I had daub'd correctly and I won! $50! WAHOO!!! Now that I have felt the win, I am addicted and ready to gamble all our money away! (just teasing Lynette :))

It was a really fun weekend and I was really sad to have to leave and come back to ruddy work today but oh well, I have to get the paycheck so I can go play more BINGO! (do you think I can petition the UT Government to start allowing Bingo in the state?)

No comments: