Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back to School, Back to School so Daddy Doesn't Think I am a Fool

First and foremost - Name the movie (from the Subject line)!? I need to watch that movie again, it has been a long time. I believe it has been since Freshman year with McCall :)

Today I met with an advisor at SLCC, I was super excited to go and figure out just what I needed to finally get an Associates Degree and move on from SLCC. We had a nice little chat about how I had moved away for the last three years and now I am back and ready to finish. She prints my transcript and proceeds to tell me I have 4 classes left - that is all! HOORAY! I am screaming that in my head as she is still talking. She lets me know that after I finish registering for my classes for Spring 09 I need to fill out a graduation application so I can get my degree in the spring. Again, shouting HOORAY! I thought I had a year left for sure at SLCC but only one semester!
I get home and tell Dane my great news and am all excited to jump online first thing on Dec 1st to register. Then around 5 or so tonight I get a call from SLCC to let me know that since I have been an inactive student for 3 years I now have to re-apply. BOO!! They are now going to make me pay my application fee for four classes and the fee for my graduation application. I try not to dwell on that part of it though and just focus on the fact that I am finally moving on with my education!


PS - Cross your fingers that they accept me back - what if they don't! EEEK!!

2 comments:

erin said...

HOORAY!!!! that is thrilling news!!! why didn't you tell me toot sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they will except you, you're golden they want you back!!! and your mula hahahahahahah!!!!

Stac and Chris said...

So exciting! I am so happy for you!!