Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Basement Living

Most days I am fine living in a basement apartment. We have good landlords, the rent is cheap and our apartment is good size but on occasion I have a little bit of a breakdown and those occasions mostly occur when I have an encounter with a spider. For instance, I was just in the bathroom brushing my teeth for bed and I look to find the HUGEST (no sarcasm) spider on none other but Dane's towel. So I have to calmly think how am I going to kill this ruddy thing before it runs away. No way was I doing the tissue method, I am always afraid they are going to jump and I hate feeling their bodies crunch under the tissue so I opted for the shoe. I called to Dane to bring me a shoe and he came quickly. I took all my strength and slammed down with the shoe on the towel and then the spider fell to the floor. I look down to see him still wriggling, Dane didn't believe how big it was until he saw it too! Sick! I followed it up with a second swipe of the shoe and then picked him up with a tissue and down the toilet the carcass went. I then look at the towel because I was going to put it promptly in the washer and I see there is a leg from the spider on the towel and it is still twitching! Like I said, most days basement living is fine but when Spiders come into my life that is when I am ready to move ASAP!
PS-Anyone know why there are still spiders, it's too ruddy cold for me let alone them!

I will post our Christmas news later, I still need to upload our pics :)

2 comments:

Ashley Jorgensen said...

At least you're brave enough to kill the spider yourself. I scream for Josh to come kill them and then I start feeling itchy.

Stac and Chris said...

I have found a flyswatter works well...long for reaching so you don't have to get too close! :) Also, any type of cleaning product when sprayed directly on the spider kills them quite fast...I usually douce them until they stop squirming!