skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The Great Flood
For those of you who didn't know, our move came a little early and unexpected. I woke up early Saturday morning (9/19) to the sound of rain pouring. I got super excited because it never rains in Vegas and I always love it when it rains that I jumped out of bed and headed to look out the window. Instead I found a waterfall in my kitchen! I called my in-laws because I didn't know what in the world to do and they headed over to the apartment to help me. I also called the apartments emergency line to get someone to get over to the apartment. I knocked on the resident's above me front door and got nothing. That left us just waiting and watching the waterfall get worse and worse. In one of the below pictures you can see a brown rubber storage tub thing, we had to empty that three times! I thought the leasing office opened at 8 so right about then we walked there and found a maintenance worker. He came right over and got the see a portion of the ceiling come caving in. Luckily none of our stuff got damaged and we were able to move things out of the water fast enough. Since we had to get everything out of the apartment anyway we decided to just get a truck and move up. Mike, Rob, Rob's dad, Jim and Katie came over to help us get everything boxed up (ok really they did all the work while I left to go get the truck) when we got back with the truck mostly everything was packed. THANK YOU EVERYONE!! Jim did a stellar job packing up the truck and we were completely loaded up by the time Dane got there around 1. McCall and Bones flew down with Dane to help us out and it was much needed!! We were able to get all moved in with the help of my parents, McCall and Bones and all the Wilcox's! THANK YOU!! Below are some pictures of the flood and a video I took of the waterfall :)
1 comment:
The pictures are good, but there is nothing to compare to actually being there and witnessing the disaster first hand! You lived through your own great flood!
Post a Comment