We got to California pretty early on Friday afternoon ready to hit the beach. We checked into the hotel, changed into our suits and headed out. Of course we stopped for lunch at the In-N-Out then headed to Newport Beach for a day of relaxation. I love the beach, I count down the days until I can live by the ocean :) We spent a few hours there then when the sun started to go down we decided it was time for some delicious dinner at the Joe's Crab Shack. We stuffed ourselves full and headed back to the hotel thinking we would get an early good night sleep before hitting Disneyland the next morning. erin, James, Dane and I all shared a room and we were all tucked into bed pretty much asleep when all of a sudden Dane jumps out of bed and says I just got bit by a bug. I jump up of course and flip on the light so we can kill that sucker and that's when I saw my pillow...I had bed bugs swarming all over my pillow and Dane's. James and erin looked at their bed and it was the same thing. I don't know if this is lucky or not but my parents and Lindsay were in an adjoining room so I ran right over and told them so they flipped on the light and sure enough, bed bugs in their room too. Luckily I had done some research on bedbugs not too long ago so I knew how to handle them and what they do. Their bite looks just like a mosquito bite where it just gets red and itches but doesn't do anything so that is the good part. The bad part is they inbed in anything fabric. Haydn and Dane ran right to the front desk and told them the news then walked down the street to find us another hotel to stay in. The front desk crew come into our rooms and first thing he pulled the mattress off the box spring on the bed Dane and I were sleeping on and it was covered. I had to leave the room to not dry heave. As they are checking the rooms, we are throwing all our belongings into our suitcases so we can leave as soon as we can. Then when erin and I are alone in the room he tells us he is going to move us to some other rooms - Yeah Right! James walked in right about that time and told him we are just checking out. Haydn and Dane came back a short time later and said they got us a couple of rooms at the Marriott a block down and it had a laundry room so we headed out. Since we were all infected we didn't go up to our rooms until we had done at least one load of laundry so we had something clean to put on. We were up until about 4:30 washing all of our clothes and blankets that night and we lysol'd everything that had been in the room. Although we continued to be itchy all night, we were officially bug free :) erin sent me this and said her work gave it to her because they find out bug escapades hilarious so I would attach it.


3 comments:
I am so sorry to hear of your "trying trip." I just can't understand why you didn't take him up on the other room he was offering! :)
Oh my goodness, that is horrible...just reading makes me feel like things are crawling on me...what hotel was that so I know never to stay there? :) Glad you got to stop at In-N-Out, that is always a must for me!
Just remember, "Life's an Adventure!!!" Everything turns into fun memories.
Post a Comment