Saturday, August 16, 2008

On the Road Again

For those of you who didn't know Dane was furloughed not too long ago by Vision. Furlough is a fancy pilot term for laying pilots off when the company can't afford to keep them on but the company is required to contact the pilots they layed off previously first if they ever start hiring again. Sadly, Vision sounds like it has all but closed up it's doors so I don't think Dane will be hearing from them any time soon.
Dane had a job interview with Westminster on Friday morning and they offered him a job to be a flight instructor and he starts Monday! Super fast but it will be so good for him to be flying again. That does mean however that we are packing up once again and moving back to Utah. This time we will be in Salt Lake rather then Logan so it will still a new home for us. I do laugh a little though that we picked to live in Vegas for the hottest time of the year and we are leaving right before the great weather months. The news keeps talking about how they are counting down the days until October because that is the perfect month here.

4 comments:

Stac and Chris said...

Wow, that is crazy. I hope everything goes well for you back in Utah...you always wanted to go back to Salt Lake, right?

Hev said...

I bet that was a shock for you to have to pack up and go back to Utah. Things happen for a reason and I'm glad you will be back in Salt Lake area. Glad we came out to Vegas when we did so we could hang!:) Keep us updated and good luck! Hope everything goes great.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is awesome he got a job so quickly, but I do feel for you about the weather. It is too bad you are missing October. But on the bright side...its to warm to wear cute halloween costumes in Vegas!

Marianne said...

just a little FYI - it was 36 degrees in Logan on Tuesday morning Ü