Tuesday, September 25, 2007

We have returned

Well we made it back safe and sound from San Diego and all I have to say is, that it was AWESOME!!! Granted I was surrounded by crazy future pilots and every time a plane would land at the San Diego Airport they would have to open the sunroof and gawk at it, I have never seen so much drool in a small car as I did on this trip :) The trip itself was really fun, we stayed at a SUPER nice hotel on Coronado and when we checked out, it was kind of a sad realization that we would never be back because there is no way we could afford it :) Dane was lucky enough on Monday to go the Wild Animal Park and he loved it...we are thinking about putting this picture in Herbie's cage, so she has a friend :) He was also lucky enough to see two Padre's games and got to see Maddox pitch! His dream come true :) The rest of the week was setting up for the races. I arrived on Thursday night and we just got some dinner and called it a night. Then Friday the races started, it was the Disqualification Round where one of the pilot's (the one with the lowest score) would be eliminated. That night we went to dinner then relaxed in the sweet hot tub, that over looks the bay. The next day was the real race day. There were 4 rounds on Saturday and we woke up to a nasty storm! I was a little worried about how cold it would be and admittedly when the race started, it was bitter and was raining! Luckily enough, the storm cleared out quickly and it was good weather the rest of the day. I was able to get a front row seat with one of the guys Dane went with so I got some good pictures. I will leave some of the trip stories for the next blog but I thought I would let everyone know how much fun we had!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

It sounds lilke you had a great time. I LOVE the picture! Dane is now an official "turtle, turtle, turtle!"
Coronado is a wonderful place, isn't it.

Bryce said...

hope you had a nice time at the races

Lynette said...

Were you guys at the famous Coronado Hotel?