Tuesday, September 11, 2007

We're Clear for Takeoff

Sorry I have been a little bit of a slacker but last week we flew to Salt Lake for dinner! Well I guess I should say Dane's student flew us to Salt Lake but it was pretty cool. Last time I went flying with Dane was a long time ago and it kind of scared me a little, not because Dane is a bad pilot but because he pulled a little stunt called "Take my hands off the throttle and see how long until cassie freaks out", that wasn't such a fun game for me :) This time was pretty fun though, I was still nervous because it was really my first time in a little plane (I choose not to count the last time) and every little bump makes the plane go whew...but I would just look at Dane and he didn't seem to even notice the little whew so I assumed we were all good :) When we got to Salt Lake, we were landing at Salt Lake International and there was only one runway open - What!?!? Who knew an International Airport would only have one runway open but I guess they are doing maintenance on the other one. Anyway when we arrived, we are obviously a LOT smaller then the other airplanes coming in so we had to continue to circle until they gave the ok. We waited for a few 737's then landed safe and sound. We went to a delicious restaurant called Texas Roadhouse, which I would recommend to anyone who hasn't eaten there and likes bbq. As if the food isn't good enough, you can throw peanut shells on the floor and who doesn't love that? :) When we took off to head back to Logan we were in line in front of a HUGE Jetblue airplane that Dane tells me wasn't a very big one but oh man, that close up those things look HUGE!!! Everything else was smooth sailing and it was pretty fun!!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Sounds fun to jet off to anywhere for dinner! Was it nighttime for both take off and return?

By the way, what are "HTML tags?"

D&JWilcoxfamily said...

hey cass, I'm mega jealous that you got to ride in plane flown by dane and that you got to skip the hour and half drive to and from logan. Lucky! You should have called us, james loves bbq, I despise it, but I would have enjoyed the company while he chowed down on the food. I'm glad you made it back safely.

Cass said...

erin! oh my goodness! As I was reading your comment a horrid hobbo spider crawled like an inch away from my hand! Dane wasn't even hear to call to for help! I snatched up the computer speaker and slammed it down on him but then I realized the speakers have a little bit of height so he was still alive, I daringly grabbed my shoe lifted the speaker and with one quick swoop I smashed and smeared! Oh man, sometimes I really hate living here, plus I found out it is hobo mating season so they are out and about like crazy - SICK!!

Cass said...

Lynette, I am not sure what HTML tags are but Dane said it is a programming thing and Bryce will know all about it :) We flew to SLC at dusk it was light until right about SLC then it was dark