Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A rough beginning to the week...

I don't know why I feel the need to embarrass myself even more by sharing my embarrassing stories for everyone to read but I just keep laughing about both of these I feel like they are too good not to share.  As anyone who has been to Vegas knows that any weather that happens down here is wind and sometimes the wind can be quite powerful as it was yesterday afternoon.  As part of my job I go to the post office each night to drop off any out going mail.  We had quite a bit of mail so rather then reaching across the front seat, I decided to walk around to the passenger side and get it so I didn't drop any.  As I walked around the car I noticed the wind had really picked up but didn't really think anything of it so I opened the door and leaned over to reach the mail, well as I reached down the door of the car blew into me and knocked me a little so I dropped some of the mail on the ground.  I then leaned over to pick up what had fallen when a rather powerful gust of wind came along and picked up the back of the skirt I was wearing and then felt a nice breeze on my bum.  I reached around to see why my bum felt so exposed and I noticed it was exposed because the back of my skirt was now up my back, meaning that I had just mooned one of the busiest streets in Vegas at the five o'clock rush hour!  I can honestly say it has been awhile since I have mooned anyone and I think in the past it had always been on purpose.

Just when I thought my embarrassing moments were over, at least for a little while, today happened.  I work with a girl who was a dancer her entire life and now that she is no longer dancing professionally she still is very much in shape and does yoga regularly so she is very long and lean.  Today she told me she is cleaning out her closest and she has some clothes that still have the tags on that she thinks will fit me and wanted to know if I wanted to try them.  I told her of course (hello! free clothes) I will definitely try them but I am not sure if they will fit and she proceeded to say that she thinks they will because she bought them when she was pregnant with her twins.  Apparently my jiggly parts that I thought had just gotten a tad jigglier since I have moved to Vegas have become quite a bit jigglier!  I better dust off that elliptical!

3 comments:

alesha said...

HaHA! What a thing to say? Yes, I think my old clothes will fit you because I bought them while I had a huge tummy. What?!
And the mooning-that is classic!

erin said...

i keep reading these over and over again and laugh just as hard every time!! maybe it's because i can visualize you living them out plain as day in my mind. classic tales indeed!

Unknown said...

The panty story is classic! However the second one kind of surprised me. I thought it would end with 'well I ended up looking like I was trying on my mom's clothes...'
At least you have an interesting life and exciting stories. :)