Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Zoo...



Last week I got to take some time off work and spent it with my sister (who is ready to pop I might add :) ) On Friday Lynette was taking the boys to the zoo and since Lindsay and I hadn't been to the Hogle Zoo is a long time we decided to go, plus it would be fun to go with the boys. We arrived around 11 and when we pulled in, the parking lot was FULL! We couldn't believe it, the only thing we could think was that it was the first nice day of the year so everyone wanted to get out and do something fun. It took us about an hour to get tickets and get in the zoo but once we were in Bryce wanted to go on the train. I have to admit I remember the train ride being a lot cooler but I am sure it was just because the last time I was at the zoo was in elementary which was many moons ago :) The boys loved the train so it was fun to take them on it. Then we walked around the whole zoo and saw the elephants which I don't think Tyler wanted to leave :) We say the 'Ghost of the Bayou' and he was pretty cool. If you don't know he is an all white alligator and he almost looked fake! The only think I was sad about was that they didn't have any lions or hippos! That was one thing I remembered from the zoo is that I always thought I was going to fall into the hippo water and I was interested to see how the hippo house would be when I'm older but no such luck! We almost put Lindsay into labor that day but sadly still no baby :)

1 comment:

Lana Knapp said...

Hey! This is your old USU roomie. I was excited to find your blog through Ashley's. You and your hubby are so cute together. This summer I need to take my boys to the zoo, they would love it. Lana