Wednesday, April 9, 2008

San Antonio

I got home yesterday from a weekend in 85 degree weather in San Antonio TX and this morning what do I wake up to...SNOW! Take me back! Vegas is starting to look a lot more appealing as the hours of snow continue! :) Dane and I left for San Antonio early Friday morning; we met up with his family at the airport then headed to the hotel to check in. I may live a sheltered life but I have never seen a toilet like the one we had at the hotel. Here is a picture...there were two different flushes, one more powerful one for solids and one less powerful for liquids. It made Dane and I smile. After we checked in and left our bags we went downtown to check things out. We walked on the Riverwalk which is Awesome! I truly think if I lived there I would walk it everyday, it was really pretty and everything was landscaped nicely. Saturday was the two final four games that Dane and his dad went to, it was as big of a shocker to them as I think it was to everyone that Memphis and Kansas won and not only won but blew NC and UCLA out of the water! :) On Sunday we went to the Alamo, which make fun of me all you want (trust me Dane has :) ) but I didn't know what the Alamo was. I had heard of it and knew it was significant but didn't really know anything that went on there. Dane told me a little bit about the history but I learned most of it walking around and reading all the information they had about it. It was really interesting, and really cool to see. This is the nerd in me coming out but I am always amazed to see buildings or anything that was built a long time ago and know that it is still standing. The Alamo was built 300 years ago and it is just unbelievable that I was walking on the same floor that Davey Crockett and the other men who lost their lives in that battle. Sunday night Dane and his dad flew out because Dane was starting his new job on Monday. After we dropped them off we went to a little ice cream place and had the most delicious ice cream. I had Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwich flavored, which I know sounds gross but it was delicious! I just should have added some Bananas like I do on my real sandwiches! Lynette at Mexican Vanilla and it was made with real Mexican Vanilla so it had a lot sweeter of a taste and was way good too! The next day Lynette and I did a little shopping, which I found my new favorite store called Francesca's (http://www.francescascollections.com/) and I found out they have a store in Henderson! Again, Nevada is looking more and more appealing :) That night Lynette and I went to the final NCAA Basketball game of the season, Kansas vs Memphis. It was so awesome!! According to Haydn, I didn't deserve to go, but I still loved it. :) I do have to say that when Kansas nailed that 3 pt shot to take them into overtime; that is the loudest I have ever heard a stadium and that is saying something because the Spectrum gets LOUD!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Happy to be with you on the trip. And tell Hayden that YES you did deserve to be at the final game! :)

Keri said...

I discovered Francesca's in California - they have one in La Jolla. Fell in love on the spot!! Very cute, and CHEAP!!!
-Keri