skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Overhead Compartments
Yesterday I flew home from Vegas and with the little bag I had, I decided to just do the 'Carry-On' route instead of checking my bag. I have to put a little side note here that I always check my bag when I am travelling alone because I always have issues storing or de-storing my bag on the plane because of my short stature but I decided it had been awhile since I last tried it so it was time again. (plus, I would have been charged for a checked bag...LAME) Getting on the plane went smoothly, no one was seated in my area yet so I was able to easily climb on the seat to put my bag in the overhead and get seated. Now the tricky part of getting off the plane in a full isle. I get out to the isle and see that my overhead bin had not been open yet and that a rather tall guy chatting on his bluetooth would get his head clunked as soon as I opened it so I said to him, can you move just a little so I don't knock you on the head and I got no response, so I tapped him on the shoulder and said the same thing but he just gave me a crusty for disturbing the bluetooth conversation so I decided to just open the bin, he had been warned...sure enough clunk...it hit him on the head. So then I grabbed my suitcase and slowly pulled it down and in the process I lost my shoe but I couldn't let go of my suitcase cause it would have toppled on me! So I was stretched holding my suitcase and trying to get my shoe back on and the people behind me kept asking what I was doing so then the red cheeks started and it was taking forever to put my shoe on but at last I did it and got my suitcase down and ran as fast as I could off the plane :)
4 comments:
I've decided that this kind of stuff only happens to you!
Oh man, you always have the best stories...I can relate with the shortness, but luckily I have always had some nice person help me with the overhead compartments.
I also never go the carry-on route when I am alone, it is so hard when no one helps!
Haha! That guy got what he deserved, stupid bluetooth! I can't believe no one helped you. Where are all the kind, considerate strangers at? People would rather stare than help someone who needed it. Too bad you didn't "accidently" swing your bag around and hit everyone!
Post a Comment