Saturday, February 23, 2008

February...



Alright since I haven't updated the blog for a LONG time I will just talk about everything that happened in January & February all at once...it snowed non-stop :) Ok so February so far hasn't been quite as bad with the storms as January was, I think we got some form of snow every day in January or pretty close to everyday. Dane and I have a little bet on how long it will take all of the snow to melt in the backyard. I got dibs on May; today was so nice though it melted to my shoulders so we have more to go but with nice days like this it might only be until April to get it melted. My birthday was on the 11th and Dane spoiled me; we went to Park City and did some shopping which is always fun and went to dinner after. I took the day off work and to be honest it is the first time I have ever done that and I loved it! I recommend it to everyone! Although i was kind of lucky because it fell on a Monday this year which meant i got to enjoy a 3 day weekend! Valentine's was later that week and Dane surprised me by sending me flowers to work (it was truly a surprise). I didn't think we were going to do anything then VWALA (anyone know how to spell that word or is it even a real word?) I have flowers on my desk. That same day I got a little change at work. The President called me into his office with the VP and started by asking how everything was going blah, blah. (I do have to admit I was really nervous and I know my face was bright red with those beautiful rashes i get when i am nervous) Then he says 'do you think you are in trouble'? What kind of a question is that? I had the deer in the headlights look and just said I don't think so but i am not sure now. He laughed and said I wasn't which made me feel better but my stomach was still in knots. He then told me they sent a letter to one of our larger clients and asked for their National Contract but the client wasn't quite ready. The President asked me to take over the clients account, which would mean I would get a whole new team and we would all be handling this portfolio. I of course said I would and these last few weeks i have been starting to learn what i am going to be dealing with. I am really nervous but I guess all i can do is take it one step at a time, right? As for Dane, he has been flying, flying and more flying (that is when the weather permitted). He has a lot of students now and keeps getting more which is good. He hit 500 hours this week which is a HUGE milestone and is the minimum for some of airlines. His good friend that he has been in the same classes since his freshman year just got hired, yesterday in fact, with ASA which is based out of Atlanta. It's exciting to think Dane is getting closer and closer to finishing everything. (I just hope he flies me to Jackson at least once before we leave Logan :) )

2 comments:

Lynette said...

That picture of you and Dane is the cutest! Even if there is snow up to your shoulders in the background!
Congratulations on the promotion, you deserve it and be proud!
And yes, there is such a word as 'voila.' Aunt Kris and I had this discussion just recently and she educated me. Of course I forgot how to spell it and had to check with our French expert (McCall).
Happy Birthday!
Lynette

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 500 miles Dane!