skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I really don't know what speed I am going...
I left work earlier this week and was on my way to my hair appointment when I looked down to the dash of my car and I first noticed my speed limit gage wasn't moving then I looked at the gas tank one and it was on empty so I start freaking out that I am going to run out of gas and I remember the time we ran out of gas on 2-15 and Dad had to walk to the gas station while we sat in the car :) Remember that Mom? You weren't very happy :) Anyway so I start thinking I am going to have to walk in this frigid weather to the gas station but then my brain gets over the shock and I notice none of my gages are moving. RPM's are at zero, Speed Limit is at zero and then I think my car is broken and it is going to cost us a million dollars but I realize it can't be too broken because I am still driving. I decided I don't live too far away and if I take the correct roads I will drive right past my house to get to the salon. I pulled over in front of the house and decided I would turn off my car and try and turn it back on, that way if it doesn't turn back on at least I am home. I slowly turn the key in the ignition a little afraid if I will ever hear the roar of the engine turning back on again and my car shuts off. I sit there for a minute thinking if it is like a computer I will count for 10 seconds until I turn it back on but it is a much larger piece of equipment so I better wait for a little longer. I turn the key again, closing my eyes because in some way if my car doesn't start if my eyes are closed it won't be as bad, and my car vrooms back on! The best part, all my needles worked! Dane and I chalked it up to my car just being way too cold. The sad part about this story is Logan hasn't even reached it's coldest days yet :)
2 comments:
Yes, that is the sad part, colder weather is still in the future for Logan. You do get to come down our way and enjoy "warmer" weather to you, but "cold" to us! See you soon!
Oh how I do remember your Dad running out of gas on I215. Not a happy day as we were going to a christmas program for Matt and McKay - - and it was sooooo stinkin' cold! Ü
Post a Comment